What Information Do We Collect?
RatesHQ will collect the personal information you provide to us, for example when you register, take a survey, sign up for notifications, participate in a sweepstakes, email us or otherwise send us your contact information. Personal information may include your name, email address, phone number, mailing and/or billing address, and other information that identifies you as an individual. You can use some of the Services without providing these types of personal information, but certain features may not be available. If you would like to update these types of personal information that you previously provided to us, you can log into your account or email us at email@example.com.
If you access our Services from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device. We also collect information about your device’s precise location over time to provide you with more relevant deals, such as offering deals in real time for a store that you are visiting.
If you receive email or texts from us, we will analyze related information such as whether you open the email or read the text, and whether you click on an ad or offer in the email or text.
To help us personalize the Services, we may offer you the ability to opt in to allow RatesHQ to automatically scan the emails received and sent in certain email accounts (e.g., Gmail). If you do, RatesHQ will scan your emails in order to collect and analyze information about your purchases over time, the marketing emails that you receive and how you respond to them, and your participation in loyalty programs. We will use all this information in order to provide you with more relevant content and recommendations through our Services. For any information scanned from a Gmail account, RatesHQ complies with Google’s policies and restrictions on how we can use or share this information. RatesHQ can scan your emails only if you choose to enable this service by providing us with your email access credentials. You can use our Services without participating in email scanning.
If you log in via a third-party service like Facebook or Google, we will collect the information described in the third-party service’s request for authorization. This information may include your name, email address, gender, city, and state. You should review your privacy settings with these third-party services to be sure you are only sharing information you wish to share.
We may obtain additional personal and other information about you from third parties and combine it with the information that we collect from you.
What About Cookies and Web Beacons?
Additionally, emails we send may contain a bit of code known as a “web beacon.” This code allows us to understand the time and date when you open an email and when you use a link within the email to visit a website. If you wish to disable our web beacons, you can do so by turning images “off” in your email software (e.g., Outlook, Outlook Express). Please see your email software instructions or “Help” for more information.
How Does RatesHQ Use My Information?
RatesHQ uses the information collected from users for our business purposes, including the following:
• To customize and personalize the advertising and the content you see.
• To personalize and improve your experience when using our Services.
• To fulfill your requests for our Services.
• To send you information about topics that we think will be of interest to you.
• To alert you to the latest developments and features on our Services.
• To enter you in our sweepstakes when you request that we do so and to award prizes.
• To operate, maintain, and improve our Services.
• To communicate with you, including responding to your communications with us and other communications regarding your registration or use of our Services.
• For our research, recordkeeping, and reporting purposes.
• To monitor our Services for compliance with our Terms of Service and policies.
When Will RatesHQ Disclose My Information to Third Parties?
We may share your personal information with other companies or individuals. For example:
• We may make any information you disclose when you participate in community and social networking features on our Services available publicly, including to other users. RatesHQ is not responsible for the information you disclose in public forums, and we strongly recommend that you disclose your personal information privately, only to users that you know to be trustworthy.
• We may share your personal information with your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of collection.
• We may share information with our agents, contractors, service providers, and partners who are providing services on our behalf and on behalf of our merchants and other partners, such as payment processing, data processing, customer service functions, personalizing deals on the RatesHQ Services, and hosting.
• We may share your information in connection with an actual or potential merger, sale, acquisition, assignment, or transfer of all or part of RatesHQ’ assets, affiliates, lines of business, or products, including at bankruptcy.
• We may share your information in order to (i) protect or defend our legal rights or property or the rights/property of our other users, business partners, employees, agents and contractors (including enforcement of our agreements); (ii) pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain; (iii) protect the safety and security of our employees, users, or members of the public; (iv) protect against fraud or for other risk management purposes; or (v) comply with the law or respond to law enforcement requests, subpoenas, legal process or inquiries.
Online Identifiers. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may share information that identifies your browser or device over time (including device or other online identifiers and/or other types of personal information that have been hashed or obfuscated) as well as information about your activities on our Services and on third-party properties, with third-party companies for their own purposes including interest-based advertising across different websites, apps, browsers and devices.
Please see below for information about opting out of the collection and use of data for interest-based advertising by companies participating in industry self-regulation, and for California residents you can also visit the “California Privacy Rights” section below to learn about our practices and your choices.
Deidentified and Aggregated Information. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we also may use and share de-identified information and aggregated information with third parties, advertisers and/or business partners for our own business purposes and for third party marketing and other purposes.
Do Third Parties Collect My Information?
Please see below for information on how third parties may collect and use information on our Properties for interest-based advertising purposes.
You may give consent for RatesHQ to send you one or more text messages, such as a message with a link to download our app. These text messages are automated. You can use and purchase our services without consenting to receive our automated text messages. If you agree to receive text messages, message and data rates will apply. You can opt out of recurring text messages at any time by replying “STOP” to any message or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RatesHQ may send you email offers that we believe will interest you. If you do not want to receive such offers, you can unsubscribe at any time using the link included in any message. We will continue to send you servicing emails related to your interactions and relationship with us.
Interest-Based Advertising Choices
If you wish to opt-out of interest-based advertising in mobile apps on your device by companies that participate in the DAA’s AppChoices app, you may download that app onto your device and exercise your choice. AppChoices is available at the links below:
DAA AppChoices iOS
DAA AppChoices Android
DAA AppChoices Amazon
You may also limit data collection and use by third parties for interest-based advertising by using your mobile device settings where available.
If you opt out of interest-based advertising as described above, please note that you will need to renew your opt-out choices if you use a different browser or erase cookies from your browser, reset your device’s advertising identifier, or use a different mobile device. Also, any settings available in your web browser to block cookies may not block the use of non-cookie technologies as described above. Please note that electing to opt out will not stop advertising from appearing in your browser or applications. It may make the ads you see less relevant to your interests.
RatesHQ uses commercially reasonable administrative, technical, and physical measures to protect your personal information.
RatesHQ does not currently offer its Services in, or support user accounts from, Switzerland, the UK and countries in the European Economic Area. Users from other countries should note that RatesHQ collects, processes and stores information in the United States. By using our Services from locations outside of the United States, you consent to the transfer of your personal information to, and the collection and processing of such personal information in the United States. The laws pertaining to the collection, use, disclosure, and processing of personal information in the United States may vary from those in other countries and may be less stringent than the applicable laws in your state or country.
Our Services are not intended to be used by children, and we do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from children. If we learn that we have collected personal information from minors under 16 years old, we will take appropriate actions to delete this information.
If you are a parent or legal guardian of a minor under 16 years old, and you believe that your child has provided personal information to RatesHQ, you may contact us at email@example.com to request that we delete your child’s personal information from our systems.
Nevada Privacy Rights
Under Nevada law, Nevada residents may submit a request directing us not to make certain sales of personal information we maintain about you. RatesHQ does not currently engage in such sales.
To exercise this right, please contact us:
• By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Categories of Sources. We collect CPI from the following categories of sources:
• Affiliate networks.
• Social networks.
• Service providers and
• Commercial data resellers.
• Our commercial purposes, including marketing, advertising, sweepstakes, and enabling commercial transactions.
• Our business purposes as identified in the CCPA, which include:
o Auditing related to our interactions with you.
o Legal compliance.
o Detecting and protecting against security incidents, fraud, and illegal activity.
o Performing services (by us or our service provider) such as account servicing and analytics.
o Research for our technological and business improvement.
o Internal operations.
o Activities to maintain and improve our services, and
o Other one-time uses.
Your Rights. California residents have certain rights with respect to the CPI collected by businesses. If you are a California resident, you may choose to exercise the following rights regarding CPI about you, subject to certain exceptions and limitations:
• The right to know the categories and specific pieces of CPI we collect, use, disclose, and sell about you, the categories of sources from which we collected your CPI, our purposes for collecting or selling your CPI, the categories of your CPI that we have either sold or disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties with which we have shared CPI.
• The right to request that we delete the CPI we have collected from you.
• The right to opt out of our sale(s) of your CPI. Please note that if you opt out of certain types of sales, we will be unable to provide you with the Services that rely on such sales.
• The right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
To request to exercise any of the above rights, please click on any of the links above and provide your name, email address, and other requested information. You may also contact us by email at email@example.com.
Verification. If you submit an access or deletion request, we must verify your identity. We do this by comparing information in your request to CPI we have collected about you. Note that we may need to request additional information from you to verify your identity or understand the scope of your request, although you will not be required to create an account with us to submit a request or have it fulfilled.
Authorized Agent. You may designate an authorized agent to make a CCPA request on your behalf. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Minors. We do not knowingly sell the CPI of minors under 16 years of age.